On March 3 CBAN organized a solidarity protest at the Brazilian Embassy in Ottawa as part the Emergency International Day of Action to Stop GE Trees, one of protests on 4 continents. You can see the photos from some of these actions here: http://stopgetrees.org/report-backs-global-day-action-ge-trees/
View original post 474 more words
ROXBORO, N.C. –The mother of a 2-year-old Roxboro boy who was accused of extreme child abuse following her son’s death last summer, is now facing murder charges.
On Friday, officials in Person County released an autopsy report that stated the toddler – Donte Joseph Diven – had a significant amount of pain medication in his system when he died.
Investigators said the case began July 30, 2014 when Person County deputies responded to a call about a child in cardiac arrest.
“It did not sound right from the beginning. They actually took the child from the residence and met at a convenience store instead of waiting at the residence for the ambulance to arrive,” Person County Sheriff Dewey Jones told ABC11 in an interview last August.
Diven was taken to the hospital but never regained consciousness and died August 3.
Read more: WTVD
Sussex Co., Va. – A North Carolina man was arrested Wednesday following a road rage shooting on I-95.
The incident occurred Wednesday afternoon on I-95 northbound at the 32 mile marker in Sussex County.
Virginia State Police responded to calls reporting a shooting just after Noon. A 2006 Freightliner tractor trailer and a 2015 Subaru Outback were heading north on I-95 when the drivers of the two vehicles began engaging with one another.
The Subaru drove down the right shoulder, pulled up alongside the tractor trailer and the driver began shooting.
One of the rounds hit the tractor-trailer’s right rear tandem tire. The driver of the tractor-trailer called police to report the incident.
Troopers spotted the Subaru exiting I-95 at the Carson Scales (Exit 37). He was then stopped on Route 301 north.
The driver of the Subaru, 55-year-old Alton B. Parker of Fatyetteville, North Carolina, was charged with…
View original post 124 more words
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS/AP) — The latest recalls from Hyundai and Nissan impact some 625,000 cars manufactured between 2013 and 2015.
The Nissan recall is by far the largest. The automaker is recalling 625,000 more cars in the U.S. as part of a growing problem with faulty latches that can allow hoods to fly open while cars are moving. This latest recall covers Altima midsize cars from the 2013 through 2015 model years. It brings the total number of vehicles recalled for the problem to nearly 1.1 million.
Nissan says in government documents that if the main hood latch isn’t fastened, the secondary latch may not hold the hood closed as designed.
Nissan previously recalled 238,000 Altimas from 2013 for the same problem, as well as 216,000 Nissan Pathfinders from 2013 and 2014, Infiniti JX35s from 2013 and QX60s from 2014.
The company is still investigating the problem and could recall…
View original post 145 more words