Patrolmen testify in trial of former Navy SEAL accused of lying about shooting

fox8.com

[ooyala code=”oxZmFhdDo75B35rmqz9HCVU53e80rTqF” player_id=”b248f00b9d6e4d7ba21cbc796a85f61c”]

AKRON, Ohio- A decorated Navy SEAL is on trial in Akron Municipal Court, accused of lying about being shot in the parking lot of a busy shopping plaza.

Christopher Heben, 45, of Medina pleaded not guilty to one charge of Falsification and a second charge of Obstructing Justice.

He told Bath Township police he’d been shot in the abdomen after an altercation in the parking lot of the Mustard Seed Market on Route 18 in Montrose on March 28, 2014 around 5:30 in the evening.

On Tuesday, the prosecution called two patrolmen to testify.  Both told a jury they were parked in the same shopping plaza at the same time Heben claimed to have been attacked.

“Did you hear anything suggesting that an altercation had occurred while you were sitting there with Officer Riley?” asked Prosecutor Craig Morgan.

“No,” replied the officer.

“Did you hear any arguing?”

View original post 170 more words

Senate panel considers repeal of construction wage law

WISH-TV

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana lawmakers proposed changes Tuesday to a GOP-backed bill that would repeal the law that sets wages for public construction projects, though opponents say those efforts aren’t enough to offset potential damage to the state’s construction industry.

Members of the Senate Tax and Fiscal Policy Committee are considering a measure to eliminate the decades-old Common Construction Wage Law, along with the local boards that set construction wages for state or local projects that cost more than $350,000.

Supporters of the repeal say these set wages are artificially high and hinder the competitive market from lowering bid prices, which would save taxpayers money on public projects.

Glenna Jehl, a Fort Wayne Community Schools board member, says local board members favor union workers and often come to meetings already knowing the vote outcome.

“I was kind of stunned when I went to the hearings and they turned around and…

View original post 382 more words

Woman Held On $150,000 Bail In Alleged Theft Of Car With Baby Inside In San Jose

CBS San Francisco

SAN JOSE (CBS SF) — A 36-year-old woman was scheduled to appear in Santa Clara County Superior Court on Thursday after her arrest Sunday on suspicion of a stealing a car with an infant inside in San Jose, according to police and jail officials.

Terria Yvonne Artiga is being held on $150,000 bail in county jail where she was booked on suspicion of kidnapping and possession of a stolen vehicle, according to police and jail records.

At 7:16 a.m. Sunday, San Jose police dispatched officers based on a report of a vehicle stolen while an 8-month-old baby was in the back seat, police said.

The father of the infant told police that he saw a female he did not know driving his vehicle south on Hopkins Drive between Story Road and Ocala Avenue in East San Jose, according to officers.

Officers reached the area, began a grid search and located the…

View original post 95 more words

‘It Follows’ Chases Spring Break Crowds With Another Theater Expansion This Weekend

Deadline

David Robert Mitchell’s cult horror film It Follows which saw a whopping 1,005% surge this weekend at the box office after going from 32 to 1,218 theaters, is upping its count to 1,655 this Friday.
It Follows expansion couldn’t be happening at a more perfect time as spring break is in full swing: Per Rentrak, 78% of K-12 schools and 37% colleges are off on Good Friday with Easter Monday seeing 48% K-12 off and 12% colleges out.
The film which bowed at last year’s Cannes Film Festival Critics Week sidebar came screaming out of the gate during its opening frame of March 13-15, charting a hearty opening per theater average of $40K in its first weekend across four New York and Los Angeles venues (or $160K).
The second weekend for It Follows got even better as it went to 32 hubs, making $345K, and a $10,777 PTA.  Distrib RADiUS-TWC and…

View original post 140 more words

High volume attack hits Indiana’s government website again

WISH-TV

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana’s main government website has been targeted by online attackers four days after a similar attack.

Graig Lubsen, the Indiana Office of Technology’s broadband executive, says Indiana’s website normally gets about 1,000 service requests per second, but during Tuesday’s denial-of-service attack it was getting about 40,000 requests per second.

Indiana’s website, IN.gov, never went down. But Lubsen says it faced slow web page load times and some users may have experienced intermittent outages.

Tuesday’s attack began at 2:39 p.m. and lasted about a half-hour.

A group called Vikingdom claimed responsibility for Tuesday’s attack. The same group also tried to overwhelm the state’s website Friday.

Lubsen says the group didn’t say why it had staged the attack, or if it was related to Indiana’s contentious new religious-freedom law.

View original post