‘The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.’
Have you noticed there’s been a run on high-profile copyright violations lately? Led Zeppelin, Sam Smith, Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams have all been accused and that’s just the music business. Jonah Lehrer, author (and expert copy and paster), infringed on his own work — packaging old, previously published material as new and original.
Here, on the Internet, copyright holders send Google millions of takedown requests every week, naming infringers they believe should be removed from the search engine. Plagiarism is rampant, but not at all surprising. Everyone wants to be famous, make a billion dollars, and live in luxury. They have the ambition, all right, just not the talent.
Well, we probably all infringe to some degree. Writers are unabashed thieves, although they’d call it appropriating. Heck, it’s practically part of the process. The…
View original post 77 more words
The Clinton Foundation has admitted to making mistakes on its taxes in regards to reporting donations from foreign governments, here is more:
The Clinton Foundation’s acting chief executive admitted on Sunday that the charity had made mistakes on how it listed government donors on its tax returns and said it was working to make sure it does not happen in the future.
After a Reuters review found errors in how the foundation reported government donors on its taxes, the charity said last week it would refile at least five annual tax returns.
“So yes, we made mistakes, as many organizations of our size do, but we are acting quickly to remedy them, and have taken steps to ensure they don’t happen in the future,” Clinton Foundation acting Chief Executive Officer Maura Pally said in a statement.
The errors appeared on the tax forms 990 that all non-profit organizations must file…
View original post 190 more words
As culled by The Hill and the Washington Post:
– On her ambiguous ethnicity: “I’m sort of a mashup of all the people in Hillary Clinton’s announcement video.”
– “Just because I’m a woman doesn’t mean I’m gonna go easy on you people. I’m gonna go easy on you people because my brain is smaller.”
– “Last year’s host Joe McHale proves that speaking at this dinner is an amazing opportunity that can take you from starring in a show on NBC all the way to starring in the same show on Yahoo.”
– “Since I’m only a comedian, I’m not going to tell you politicians how to do politics or whatever. That’s not my job. That’d be like you guys telling me what to do with my body. Can you even imagine?”
– “I love Hobby Lobby. I went there this morning and bought this cute little…
View original post 1,242 more words