View original post 266 more words
Students! Conservationists! Ornithologists! Teachers! Community Workers! Environmental NGOs! Scientists! And members of the Jamaican public! Are you ready?
A few weeks ago, I told you about the upcoming 20th International Meeting of the non-profit organization BirdsCaribbean at the Knutsford Court Hotel in Kingston, Jamaica (July 25 – 29, 2015). The theme is: “Birds: Connecting Communities and Conservation.” There is now so much more to tell you! It is shaping up to be a very exciting event, with great keynote speakers, adventurous field trips, absorbing sessions on a range of topics, Jamaica Day, book launches, and more… You can find the details on all the activities listed below on the BirdsCaribbean meeting website: sites.google.com/site/birdscaribbeanmeeting2015/home which is being continuously updated; and keep up to date with all the news on Birds Caribbean’s Facebook…
View original post 760 more words
Sharing links that would otherwise clog up my Facebook feed:
– Stress is good for you. I SAID STRESS IS GOOD FOR YOU!
– Thou shalt not bear false witness, unless you’re trying to uphold a theocracy.
– Our punditocracy (not just one network) needs more Jon Stewarts to call b.s. on them.
– I don’t like Vox trying to project doom for all other big sports events from Brazil’s World Cup white elephants, but seeing Brazil’s stadiums used as parking lots and wedding sites should serve as some sort of cautionary tale.
– We have the cure for homelessness. Do we have the will to do it?
– The 20 greatest standup specials of all time. (Well, technically, of the era since standup specials were recorded and broadcast.)